News Daily Spot: Terrorist Attack in Nigeria leaves 32 dead and 80 wounded

more news

Terrorist Attack in Nigeria leaves 32 dead and 80 wounded

A suicide blast in the night which blames the militant group Boko Haram on Tuesday left 32 dead and 80 injured in a bus stop in northeast Nigeria, an official said emergency.

AP

The outbreak ended a relative lull of three weeks in which there were no attacks in the country, after a series of suicide attacks culminated in explosions in mosques two northeastern cities in which 42 people died and over 100 were wounds on 23 October.

One of the attacked mosques is located in Yola, capital of Adamawa, right where insurgents attacked Tuesday. It was the third suicide bombing in the last three months in a city overflowing with about 2.3 million refugees driven from their homes by the Islamic uprising.

At least 32 people died and about 80 were injured and were taken to hospitals, he told the AP the coordinator of the National Emergency Management Agency, Sa'ad Bello.

Most of the victims were vendors and bystanders, said Othman Deputy Superintendent Abubakar, spokesman Adamawa State Police.



The Nigerian military reported the dismantling of several plans of recent suicide bombings and the death and capture of militants during the destruction of Boko Haram camps with air and ground attacks.

"The enemies of humanity will never win. Hand in hand, we will liberate our country from terrorism, "said the president of Nigeria, Muhamadu Buhari, in a tweet.

Analysts say that the Nigerian army is too small to maintain the territory and takes that as an area extremist slide to another in the vast arid spaces dotted with forests in the northeast.

Some 20,000 people have died during the six years of Islamic uprising that has spread to neighboring countries.

Chadian forces and Boko Haram Nigeria expelled a self-proclaimed Islamic caliphate earlier this year, while former President Goodluck Jonathan faced elections. Jonathan lost, partly due to its inability to reduce the insurgency.

Buhari, a former military dictator, was elected and has vowed to dismantle the insurgency later this year, but Boko Haram persists in remote villages deadly attacks and suicide bombings urbanites who have killed more than 2,000 people just in 2015.

click here